destroyed clutch?

thenismoproject@sentra.net thenismoproject@sentra.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 20:25:11 -0500

On my first race at Carlsbad last week, something
let lose as I tried to make the shift into second
gear. It seemed to be the clutch, as the engine
would just rev as I stepped on the gas and the car
wouldn’t move anywhere. In the pit area, I placed
the car in first gear with the engine running and
let the clutch out. The engine didn’t stall, so I
thought for certain it was the clutch. However, the
next morning the clutch was working, although it
seemed weak. The clutch is a six puck Clutch
Specialties with less than 1,000 miles on it. It
seems rather strange for it to fail so early. Any
thoughts or opinions on what the problem could be?

To make things worse I also found a new spark plug
in cylinder 1 that was cracked but that's another
story. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks,

Charles
1988 Sentra Sr20det
1995 200sx Se-r