Best ground for battery in trunk?

Ben Baird ben@polycore-usa.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 17:01:17 -0500

The trick is to keep the grounding points clean and to bare metal.  Also run
the ground and power together, but separate from any signal cabling
(speaker, or RCA).  As long as you do this you should be noise free.  I
always run power down one side under the carpet near the original wire loom
(usually drivers side).  On some Nissans all of the speaker wires also run
down the drivers side, in that case run power down the pass. side after
coming through the firewall.  Always check your grounds first when dealing
with noise issues.  Also crossing audio and power lines should be done at
90* to avoid noise induction through signal cancellation.

Ben
'91 SE-R

"Brian Jones" <jonesbri@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
Hey guys...I think I may be getting some noise in the speakers from
My cables from the battery in the trunk...where is a good place to
Run the grounding cable?  P10?