Eccs relay and ignitor chip and a det ?'s

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:15:49 -0500

Hi guys.  I'm wondering which ignitor chip i should use with my det.  If i
leave the det distributor on should i use the det ignitor chip?  How about
if i go with the de distributor?  Is there any difference with the ignitor
chips from de to det?  They look slightly different and have different part
numbers so i am wondering on this one.
How about the coil?  All the same?  Haven't checked the part numbers on this
yet.
Also what does the eccs relay do?  It's the little green box that's right by
the ecu on the driver's side.  I have the one from my auto ecu on my manual
car.  Was thinking since the ecu is from the auto i should keep these two
together....or should i use the one from the manual even though the computer
is from the auto car?
Thanks for reading this!
Brent
91 se-Rt