HELP with CV shaft install UPDATE

Ken Kubotani kenkubotani@telus.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 08:50:08 -0500

Special thanks to Vinson Mok and everyone else who gave me advice on the
subject. The trick here was to gingerly clean the splines with a Dremel
tool. Once the splines were clean they guided their way home quite nicely.
The driver side actually went in so easily [all I did was lean into it with
my scrawny 142lb frame] that it actually worries me as to whether it may
fall out?
Maybe I'm being paranoid here....
The passenger side shaft that was originally giving me so much trouble went
in after I gave it a firm *whack* with the heel of my hand.
Either way, I managed to repair the main problem which was a torn outer CV
boot on the passenger side. While I was in there, I replaced all four boots
[inner and outer]
and topped the tranny off with fresh AMSoil gearfluid.
Watching closely for leaks now.

Ken Kubotani