Sad, sad, sad, sad, song.

Peter Serwe peter@easytree.net
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 08:34:15 -0500

So I'm cruising down 95 the other day, going to this really cool shop
where the guy balances rotating assemblies to 8 grand, getting the
rotating assembly from my v8 balanced along with a fresh crank.  I
didn't feel like getting the old one reground (this is the same guy who
wants a grand to port my head - I think I'll give porting a shot, since
I have a full spare head, [wth]).

Anyway, back to the real story, I'm cruising down 95, traffic slows down
to about 30 in a 65, so when the traffic let go again ... There's this
mx6 that pulls a right laner in the shoulder right next to me.  I think
to myself, haha, check out the little mazda, and STOMP on the
throttle(this guys NOT gonna right lane pass me on open road),  in
second, up to about 55 or so, in third until about 75, then, 4th,
thinking ... I've got plenty of power band here ... I hit 4th a little
around 4-4.5k ... watch the mx6 fly by me as I vainly think oh man, is
my car screwed up?  I never get taken like this on the street, as the
mx6 takes off dusting me, I see this cute little emblem on the rear
right, says something like 'TURBO'.  I had him up to about 70, the turbo
must have kicked in after that 'cause he sprouted wings and FLEW by me
... Oh man ... I want a turbo kit, and then I'll never advertise it,
just sprout wings and fly in my bone-stock looking se-r.
Oh yeah, his ridiculously oversized rear wing was flailing around,
disconnected on the left side.

Oh man ... anyone wanna buy a 750iL? 5.0L v12 ... :) (Finance my SR20DE
turbo project)..  I'm sick of the big money waster, ... I just want a
turbo for my SR20DE, even 7 psi would be plenty :).  I don't wanna run
11's ... I just wanna slay everything that runs on 4 wheels - with my
SE-R.  and Yeah, if your wondering, everyone really does get out of your
way when you drive it around, despite it's meager 6.9 0-60, it's BMW's
Biggest bouncing baby(and boy does it bounce with the shocks shot!)

--
Peter 'Just had to share my widdle tale of woe' Serwe
<peter@easytree.net>