ZEX Nos ?

Dustin Buell drivenprimera@yahoo.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:04:01 -0500

what?...i am in the middle of installing a system and
that is the only thing that baffles me.  ZEX
instructions say 5.0 volts is needed to start
injecting NOS.  i have a JDM TPS that will read .55 at
idle to 5.5 at WOT.  that is enough for the zex, but
that will throw everything off, including timing and
fuel maps of the engine ECU.  i'm not trying to blow
an engine, so what gives.  also, if anyone is handy
with the switches and relays, how could i design
something to run off the tach signal to kill NOS flow
a little before redline, say, 7300 or thereabouts.
the zex kit has no rpm kill, so it will keep merrily
injecting NOS into a engine that is bouncing off
redline(i.e. fuel cut) leaving a bunch of NOS but no
fuel..BANG.  I'm interested in doing this, but not at
the expense of an engine.  the JWT setup is not an
option, although it is pretty much foolproof, not
nearly worth the money.  i figure for way less than
half the cost of the JWT setup, it would be worth my
time to  figure out a safe, or safer, way to use this
kit.

dustin