Miisfire in GTi-R DE-T; please help!@

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:34:37 -0500

Here's a couple more things i thought of.  First, which ignitor chip should
i use, the one from the pulsar or the oem ser one?  Currently i'm running
the one from the oem DE harness.  I was going to originally put this engine
in my 91 nx with an automatic (don't ask why!) so the computer was
originally from the nx, not the se-r.  But seeing that they are both '91's
and the only difference is idle program(according to jwt) everything should
work the same.
I thought the ECCS relay, the little green box that's right by the computer
on the driver's side might be the culprit as it's from the nx with auto too.
I'm going to put on the new wires tonight along with cap/rotor and see if
that does anything.  Then i'll try swapping out the ignitor chips to see if
anything changes.  Might try that little green box too!
Brent

>Brent,  It sounds like all was done right.  Nothing jumps out as a possible
>problem to me.  already and replace cap,rotor,plugs, and wires (maybe even
>the
>distributor)... or just use the stuff from your DE since you know they
>work.

>that shouldn't be it.
You could give JWT a call as their tech support