bell housing seperation

Lawrence Weeks dev@deskmedia.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 15:12:23 -0500

Once upon a time (Tue Apr 09), Ben Davis wrote:

> ... Remove the bigger snap ring, pry around the case mating surface
> a little with a putty knife to break it loose, then remove the gear
> case. It helps angle the case off instead of pulling it straight
> off. Lift up on the axle hole side higher than the side with all
> the gears in it.

Another note. The big snap ring is what secures the main shaft end
bearing into the case. That bearing may not want to come out of the
case when you are pulling up on it (the case). What I do is place
some rags over the bearing and tap it with a mallet while pulling
the case up, thus popping the bearing out of the case.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@deskmedia.com