Is this an Alternator Problem? Lights get really bright, andfog light bulbs blow out, also...

Vinson Mok vmok00@yahoo.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 00:42:37 -0500

Thanks for the info.  So it seems like the alternator is ok which is good
and that the battery and brake lights going off can also be an indication of
a short somewhere and not the alternator/voltage regulator going bad?  I'll
look for any shorts.  It's weird, because I'd assume that if something was
shorting out, that a fuse would pop.

Anyway, it did it again today, but not at high RPM (about 2500rpm) and this
time it was in the day time without the lights being on!  Wish me luck
finding a short!