well i got about 268 miles on a tank...

EEYORE5182@aol.com EEYORE5182@aol.com
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 18:42:42 -0500

until i actually ran out of gas today....

so with a 13.2 gallon tank, that ='s about 20 MPG :-(
now im not going to go into many "excuses" about why it happened  i was
actually pretty lucky that the car ran out of gas right down the street in my
subdivision.  i ran back up the hill, got my moms pathfinder, and still made
it to class :-)

i still need to try tom paule's idea of pulling the fuel rail and seeing if
the rings leak when the pump kicks in and gets some fuel pressure on them.
it could have been my driving, but im thinking it could be something else.  i
do a lot of city driving and traffic driving recently.

if my timing is advanced to far, would the ECU be adding fuel to prevent
detonation?  it could have been me, but after i got some 89 octane out of a
gas can today, then went to the pumps and filled up w/ 93 and added some
octane booster, the car felt better.  it could have just been me though.
does any of this make any sense, or am i just flinging bananas?  i just think
that the gas mileage should be better then that. my only other idea (besides
cleaning the throttle body) is to get a long bristled model brush and some
alcohol, and then clean the MAF wires.

Alex
'93 NX2k