Sentra SE

JOESsentraSER@aol.com JOESsentraSER@aol.com
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 03:01:11 -0500

>The fact is: a 98-99 sentra se gets 24mpg

I get between 24-32 depending on how I drive.  I can even get high 20's in
the city if I am careful.

>Do you guys actually get this mileage - and are you guys satisfied >

Before I started using Redline motor oil, I was getting 250 miles to a tank
of gas.  I put about 70% of those on the highway.  Everyday I drive I see
triple digits for about 2 or 3 miles.  I have gotten 300 miles on a tank only
when I do long distance travel.  Now that I use Redline motor oil 5W-30, I
see a little more power and my gas is increased by 75-100 more additional
miles per tank.  I had always previously used Castrol Syntec 5W-30 and it
seemed I was getting 20-23 mpg, even before it was modded it only changed a
little bit.
Has anyone ever seen 400 miles to a tank of gas?
Has anyone ever had to replace their starter?  Mine is about to go bad with
only 52k miles on it.

  Joe Giglio "Nissan for the Extreme Enthusiast"
  1998 Sentra SE with JW POP, Hotshot Gen. 3 header, Hiyame custom cat-back,
Unorthodox pulleys, S 3 Cams, JW motor mounts, ES control arm bushings,
Pacesetter STS, JW lightened alum. Flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, Redline
tranny fluid, water wetter & oil, advanced timing to 17 degrees, Ground
Control coil-overs, Tokico struts, custom STB, Kuhmo Esta Supra 205/50/15 VR
rubber.
  2001 Maxima SE
  2000 Altima SE
  1993 Sentra GXE