Hot Shot Turbo kits

Andrew Phan andyphan711@netzero.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 19:31:15 -0600

At 06:46 PM 4/5/2002 -0600, Daryl Gregg wrote:
>I have an HS Gen III header. And its about 2 years old now.. The
>welds are all starting to crack. The flex pipe gave up and i had to weld
>in a new one.. And the Coating started to rust and disengrate after the
>first year.. <snip>

To offer a different experiece, I've had my Hotshot Gen3 header for about 2
and a half years now.  I originally bought it used off of someone on the
SE-R.net Classifieds; previous owner had for about 4 months.  The coating
isn't as shiny as a brand new Hotshot header, but I can say that after 2.5
years of ownership, my header looks exactly as it did when I received
it.  No rust (advantage of living in California, I guess), no cracks...
Even the flex pipe is in fair condition.  This header will eventually be
removed from my 200SX and will be installed in my soon-to-be SE-R Cup race
car.

I've only had one experience dealing with Hotshot.  It was just after I
received the header.  Turned out that I needed a new copper gasket between
the primary and secondary.  Called up Hotshot, spoke with Martha, placed an
order for the gasket (forgot how much it cost), and it was right at my door
in a matter of days.