Infiniti and Mr. Ghosn, I wish for a...

Jon Pennington cowboydren@b15sentra.net
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 12:19:15 -0600

On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 11:06:37AM -1000, Darren Calbero wrote:

Sorry, talkin' out of my monkey ass again...

> Interesting point of view.  But I don't think the SR20s are on the
> way out anytime soon.  If they were, I wonder what engine they will
> put in future Silvias?  A QR25DET?

Wouldn't suprise me, assuming the QR isn't too weak.

> What about the recently released JDM X-Trail?  It is
> currently offered with either a QR25DE and the SR20VET.

Right, but if NISMO gets the supercharger kit for the SE-R built, what
would keep them from migrating to a QR25DER on production X-Trails?

> Primera wagons now have the QR25DE in them

Right; another excellent point.  P11s in the US are lucky; all of ours
have SR20DEs now.  We could have a P11 with the QG18DE, which non-US
models had before we had B15s with same.  *That's* underpowered!

> but the Avenir still offers the SR20DE
> The Tino also still has the SR20DE
> Sunnys still don't have the SR or QR

I sincerely doubt that a Sunny will ever have a QR unless they bring
back AWD and intake comrpessors, too.  I do forget about non-US Nissans;
I apologize.  The Silvia probably will keep an SR motor for a while, to
be sure.

--
-=|JP|=-              Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.cardomain.com/id/cowboydren/   |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |         cowboydren @ b15sentra . net        |