Cheap effective exhaust patches

Wayne Cox wmc20@dnaco.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:49:30 -0600

At 04:10 PM 4/4/2002 -0600, ianshannon97 wrote:
>Anyone know if there is anything in the parts store that can cover a small
>hole in the exhaust pipe? I have a small one on the resenator

The little repair kits with the screen and goop don't work for shit.
Here's what'ca need:
* Radiator hose clamp(s) to fit around the pipe.
* Multi-pack of your favorite beverages, in Alum cans.
* Some kind of sealer goop.  Permatex hi-temp sillycone, JB Weld, or just
about anything similar.

Empty beverage can, cut out ends, and slit down the side (use appropriate
cutters, not your teeth!)  Goop the pipe with sealer; wrap with can, secure
with hose clamps.

   -WC