Infiniti and Mr. Ghosn, I wish for a...

? ?" <grailer@yifan.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 15:52:27 -0600

"Darren Calbero" <DarrenC@ampartners.com> wrote:

  > But I don't think the SR20s are on the way out anytime soon.

IIRC, wasn't part of the Nissan/Renault deal that going forward, Renault would
handle all 2L and lower-displacement engines, while Nissan would handle larger
engines? That would explain why so many of the new Nissans have engine
displacements larger than 2 litres ('cept the baseline Sentra XE/GXE)? Recall
the following, posted by Bryan King on 10 February 2000:

  From Road & Track March 2000 Page 45
  "By 2001, Renault and Nissan cars will share the same platforms for
  cars in the same class. And from now on, Renault will be responsibe
  for the desgin and delvopment of engines up to a capcity of 2.0
  liters, while Nissan will take care of all the larger engines..."

  What does this mean for the mighty SR20DE?

A rhetorical question perhaps... Personally, and with due apologies to
listmembers/owners, after driving the new SE-R, Altima, and Maxima, I'll keep my
Classic going for a while and buy a MINI Cooper S this autumn.

Carson M. Hanrahan                        '91 Classic w/the usual stuff
"It is better to go into a corner slow and come out fast than to go
into a corner fast and come out dead" - Stirling Moss