Tranny Problem Confirmation

ratteber@speedfactory.net ratteber@speedfactory.net
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 13:04:31 -0600

Before I did anything rash, I thought I'd ask the list. Once a day for
the last three days, I've had a problem getting the shifter into or out
of gear. Today, I was coming to a stop, in 5th, with the clutch
depressed and the car started to shudder. I realized that it was like I
hadn't put the clutch in. I pulled it into neutral, tried several things
and eventually got it going again. The rest of the trip to work was
normal.

In checking the archives (George, you'd be proud!), I found one post
where a rivet came out of the clutch disc or pressure plate. When it
floated around, it caused the problem or allowed normal use.

Can anyone add to this? Do I have a tranny removal in my future?

Ron Atteberry
92 Classic (151k miles)