Infiniti and Mr. Ghosn, I wish for a...

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 12:48:05 -0600

Nissan already has the answer to your question.  It's called the sr20vvl,
the varible valve engine.  They do put it into the japan only primera and it
has about 203 horsepower.  I read somewhere they couldn't get it to pass US
emissions.  So...detune it to around 175 horsepower or so and give us a
tuner's engine.
Americans-at least the majority(not us!) don't like turbos as they are
expensive and hard to maintain.  Look at the Z.  When they quit making the
car it cost over 45 grand.  My turbo Z has gone through a set of turbos
prematurely.  My point is most people don't like them.
Here's one bitch i have about nissan.  They have a killer 3.5 v6 engine and
they won't put it into the truck.  They give us a super charged 3.3 but
that's not what i want.  Consumer reports thrashes on this truck.
Personally i would sell my near new dodge dakota *if* they would put the VQ
3.5 engine into the pickup.  They think it would kill the pathfinder
sales...but not too many people buy them anyway so why not?!!
Just my .002 worth.
Brent
91 se-rT
90 TTz