Spec V Discontinued???

Maurice Hilarius maurice@harddata.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 16:46:22 -0600

With regards to your message at 02:51 PM 4/3/02,
se-r-request@lists.deskmedia.com. Where you stated:
>From: Mike Schaeffer <mschaef@io.com>

>I just heard from my dealership that the Spec V SE-R was discontinued. If
>I hadn't heard it independantly from two salesman, one of whom I
>actually trust and have worked with before, I'd just write it off as a
>pressure sales tactic. Even then, it seems odd that they'd have to use
>pressure techniques and a 'This is our last one' sticker on a
>higher demand, limited availability, specialty car like the Spec V. I did
>call another dealership who said the car was _not_ discontinued, but the
>salesman was self-admittedly inexperienced, and might not have known.

>I'm curious to know if anybody else has heard similar rumors or facts. If
>it does turn out to be true (which I can't really understand how that
>would happen) any thoughts on why it did happen? I have a couple theories:

It is not disco'd, but IS very badly back-ordered.
I spoke with a Nissan Canada dealer rep recently at the auto show here, and
he told me they have told dealers to not take any more orders for now, and
do NOT take more deposits, as they are backed up to August, at least!

With our best regards,

Maurice W. Hilarius       Telephone: 01-780-456-9771
Hard Data Ltd.               FAX:       01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue        mailto:maurice@harddata.com
Edmonton, AB, Canada      http://www.harddata.com/
    T5X 1Y3

Ask me about the UP1500 Alpha - Full systems from $3,500!