New member

Greg gklofa@vtown.com.au
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 01:08:43 -0600

Hi, my name is Greg.  Heard this is a great site to get info on the sr20de,
so just joined.
I love my sr20de (rear wheel drive) s14 with the vvt.  I have it installed
in a Nissan bluebird, and numerous things have been modded.  If interested I
can give details, and post some pics.  Just ask.
My first question:
In you intro, under questions I don't want to ask I read this -
The *HIGH* port head is the 91-93, the *LOW* port head is the 94+... actual
cut-off date is unknown. If your throttle body is up high, you have a *LOW*
port head, if your throttle body is lower and close to the firewall, you
have a *HIGH* port head.

Now, I would have searched the archives, but they appear to be down, so if
some one can clarify something for me.

I have just bought a s13 sr20de motor(rear wheel drive).  My s14 sr20 (1996
model)I know is a low port design.  This recent sr I bought I think is the
high port (having the runners entering from a higher angle and the injectors
squirting directly down into the bore), but am not exactly sure, as the only
s13 sr20's I can find have this configuration.  Does anyone have pics or
links to both engines so I can see the actual difference.  Apparently the
high port design is better for producing power, and also put out a higher
output from factory.

Basically any links, pics, or info is greatly appreciated.  I live in
Australia.  I believe the high port sr20's are in large demand in America
for racers, and as a result we don't get to many of them down under.  Just
like some conformation.
This engine is going into a Datsun Sunny coupe.

thanks
Greg