DET problems please help

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:57:31 -0600

> The car was mainly full of water due to running
> out of coolant the night of the swap. The next
> day the temp guage started going for the H and I had
> the water flushed out and replaced with coolant.

***Are you using a 50/50 or 75/25 water/coolant
mixture? If you use pure water or pure coolant, then
don't. This could be a part of the problem. Also, did
you swap out the coolant temp sensor from your old
SR20DE to the Bluebird engine? If not, then your temp
readings on the gauge will be wrong.

If your water pump is failing, it will usually leak
coolant out of the small weep holes on the body of the
pump.

Good luck,