A/C Overheating engine...help

Tim Rogers timrogers@charter.net
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 23:38:27 -0600

George responded to Brian with:
> Check to make sure your radiator fans come on.  I had the same problem for
> over a year and couldn't figure it out.  Then, one day I decided that my
> little monkey brain had to do *something*.  So, I pulled the fan relays,
> look that them and said, "Yep, that there's a relay" and put it back.  They
> worked after that.  Go figure.

If your fans are working, it could be that you need to do a radiator flush,
which is what worked for me when I had a similar problem.  Just make sure that
you bleed the head when you fill it back up.
The problem could also be a bad radiator cap or a bad thermostat.

Tim Rogers
-'93 NX2000 T-top
-'91 NX2000 racer-to-be
-'75 Silverado tow vehicle