silicone hose and how much to use for i/c?

Brent Barts brent102@hotmail.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:26:05 -0600

Hi all...getting almost to the end of turboing my se-r and i'm looking into
silicone hose for the turbo to intercooler pipe.  I figure the turbo would
melt down normal radiator hose at this connection,but how much further
should i use this expensive stuff?  I have the aluminized steel bends for
the main piping and i just need to couple them together.
I was thinking the first connection off the turbo to i/c piping then putting
a piece for a flex section about a foot away.  My next connection is about a
foot and a half away from that.  Should i use it on that too or just the
first two?  I was thinking from there on use normal heavy duty radiator hose
and i should be fine...right?
Thanks
Brent
91 se-Rt