Customer Service

George Roffe geo3@earthlink.net
Fri, 29 Mar 2002 12:04:32 -0600

Josh Brockman wrote:

>Unbelievable. Just because "they are busy", that's an excuse for attempting
>to defraud their customers?

Whoa.  Hold on there cowboy.

You're coming *very* dangerously close to libel.  You damned well better be
able to prove that they attempted to defraud you.  It is very different
from making a mistake (however grievous) and requires intent.

>I hope you find unathorized charges on your credit cards tomorrow morning,
so you can
>attempt to understand how we feel.

You've just lost any and all sympathy for how you feel.  Shame on you for
wishing bad things on other people.  That is just downright juvenile and
low class.

>I do not get the attitude of some list members, that nobody is allowed to
speak
>up if they get screwed by a company that sells SE-R stuff.

You know, I'm *not* speaking up because of all the support Courtesy has
given to this community, although that certainly doesn't hurt their cause.
Hell, they've given 100x more to this community (actually more) than *you*
have, so given the tone of your message, I'm more inclined to give them a
break.

But, the *only* reason I'm responding is because of your childish and
libelous message.  I can sympathize with you position, but that is
absolutely *no* excuse for the things you've said.

For the record, I too believe Courtesy is slipping and I certainly wouldn't
speak out because someone reported a problem.  However, when you stoop to
the level you have, I *must* speak out.

Torry reported a problem factually.  You OTOH have accused a valued member
of this community (they *are* a member) of fraud.  You've also wished bad
things on another long time, valued member.  For that I am compelled to
speak up.

You can attack me if you like.  Call me King Turd - it won't be the first
time.  Call me whatever, but it doesn't change what you wrote and the fact
it is *very* wrong.  Next time, just stick to the facts

George Roffe
Houston, TX
<http://home.earthlink.net/~geo3/>