VE, DET, or kit.

Raymond A. Kawski sr20de@epix.net
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 15:25:48 -0600

John Campbell wrote:

> I am looking for opinions from those that have either turbo'd their DE,
> dropped in a VE or DET.

I've ridden in many DE-T's.  I've only rode in one VVL so far
and that was turboed.

I can say that every T25 or T28 equipped car I've like alot!  I've
ridden in a few FMAX cars and if you want high horespower thats the
way to go.  But it wont be on boost down low.  The T25 and T28's feel
very linear.  Boost starts building as low as 2K and you can hit 14psi
by 3500 w/ a T28.

When Jim Schumacher has his car finished and with the proper header
on it.  I'll go for a ride in that and can tell you my
thoughts on that.  But right now I'm *VERY* happy w/ what I chose
for my car.   It all comes down to what you want.

The one thing that you have to remember is that more HP is
cheaper to get w/ a turbo then it is NA.  Change the NA cars exhaust
and you gain what 10-15hp do that to a turbo car and you
get get 35hp or more.

RK