VE, DET, or kit.

Louis Rosanova Louis Rosanova" <lrosanova@rogers.com
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:07:09 -0600

SR20VE's rule!

> SR20VE with SR16VE Cams should give you 215 crank hp.
> Good header, exhaust, CAI and maybe a port & polish your
> looking a easily 210+ whp.

Sounds very reasonable.

> Andreas made a suggestion to do the same thing but at reduced cost.
> SR16VE, 2000 used SR20 Crank, SR20VE pistons and rings, SR20DE used rods
> I beleive. And you can turn the 16VE into a 20VE, you'll have the 16VE
cams
> and all that for cheaper than buying a 20VE and buying cams for a 16VE.

If you plan on doing it yourself and have time, then i can see it being
worth it.  Otherwise Id rather just get the SR20VE, and wait till they make
some new cams similar (lift, duration) to that or the SR16VE N1 cams.  Its
easier to swap cams than to rehaul the bottom end.

In your case you would just have to change the pistons, but I would still
buy the SR20VE. This way you could sell your motor.  Also since you want to
do it next year, im sure the price for an sr20ve will come down.

Good Luck,

Louis Rosanova
95 200sx SE-R with da goods