2 part question

spdracer@mail.utexas.edu spdracer@mail.utexas.edu
Tue, 26 Mar 2002 14:14:20 -0600

Quoting Lee Combs <sr20depower@yahoo.com>:

> part 1. on page 65 of the MAY SCC, it has a snapshot
> of individual throttle bodies for the sr20.

Hmm... look up in the archives under GTi-R, individual throttle bodies, etc and
you should find some stuff.  Rob C. also wrote about I think.

> part 2. Intake Manifold design
> what is a general rule of thumb for intake manifolds?
> the shorter the runners, the more low end tq?

Longer runners, more low end; shorter, more upper, IIRC.  I actually have some
friends designing an intake manifold for a class project.  Lets just say that
there are lots of factors involved which leads to a handfull(or more) of
equations which you need to optimize your design for a certain rpm range on a
specific motor.  It's all very motor specific, with things like intake port
area, length, etc. being variables.  So even with two motors of the same
displacement, one design may not be optimal for both motors.

Khiem