B14turbo hatred

edo@power.net edo@power.net
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 19:04:53 -0600

Where do I start...

I get the car from Jay Hassinger, late July 2001. I drive it for 2.5
months - weekends only, til the first SoCal SERCA Streets of Willow track
event held on Oct. 12, 2001. I spun a rod bearing there during the 2nd lap
of my 3rd beginner session. Mike K., Rob C. and everyone else there
recommended I drop in a BB DET so that it will be back on the road as soon
as possible.

Chris Parker of SR20Dev attended the event, as usual, pulling his empty
trailer.  He left with my poor B14turbo riding piggyback. Talk to him and he
promises it'll be back on the road in a weeks time. Almost 5 months pass.
Fast forward to Late February 2002 - I get my car back from him, overheats
90 miles away from his shop. They were notified immediately, but took no
corrective action. Til now, I have not heard from them. I have made several
attempts to contact SR20Dev, but they do not take my calls.

The car overheated not only once, but four different instances. They did not
replace the coolant hoses, thermostat, coolant temp sensor and radiator cap.
We SERCA members of NorCal, known as the Northern Alliance, went through and
replaced these one by one as the hoses underneath the intake manifold
ruptured due to being brittle with age. Reuse and misalignment of the OEM
clamps left the old crease marks vulnerable to leaks.

It overheated so many times, that on the last instance - it caused the head
gasket to blow, which was probably marginal in the first place, so I'm told
by a friend who knows his SR20's. They were negligent in releasing the car
in this condition. They admitted having experiencing overheating issues back
in November. And, they even performed extensive freeze plug work on the
motor.

I am mentally ill because of this. It has caused me to do things
irrationally and make decisions based on my emotional instability.

-Ron