"front suspension member"

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:52:50 -0600

I'm not positive my first email message I sent about this made it out this
morning, so if this reply makes no sense, someone tell me so I can re send the
original.:)

Wonder of all wonders, I started calling infiniti dealers on the price of a
brand new "front suspension member". Cheapest I found it was $362 delivered,
which is not as bad as I expected. The GOOD thing though, is that the bushings
in this part are available separately. That's right folks, this is the only
one single instance I have ever seen Nissan sell a suspension type bushing by
itself! Bushings are $7 or so each times 4 that I need. Cool!

I'm half tempted to order the whole damn thing anyway because every bolt hole
that goes into this member has been rethreaded larger due to rust. (Argh.)
Then again, maybe I'm just crazy.

Also, if anyone with a P10 needs front control arms, they can be had new for
$55 and $60 each online, if you want, email me and I'll give you the source. I
may pick up a couple.

Has anyone verified that the energy suspension kit for a B13 will fit a P10? I
grabbed the rear suspension off my B13 last weekend to check out the bushings
in the rear, but I no longer have the front suspension to compare. (In the
rear the arms are longer on the P10, but the bolts and ends look very similar
at least without removing them anyway.) I'm unable to align the rear of my P10
due to rusted alignment bolts. So that is going to be a fun job fixing that.
:rollseyes:

-Jay
93.5 G20 that has been waaaaayyyyy too much trouble but is still a blast to
drive