tire opinions wanted and Tire Noise level according to temperature?

Adam Koo isd2k@hotmail.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 15:27:30 -0600

>I am looking for some new tires for my P10. Current size is 205/40/17,
>tires
>are Kuhmo 712's. I want to go with 215/40/17 for the larger footprint, and
>would like to try something different since the Kuhmo prices seem to have
>went
>up to the same prices as the "other" brands.

DON'T!!! I got 215/40R17 on 17x7.0 Enkei with 38 offset. It will rub the
rear struts/ fenders and front fenders . Stay with 205/40R17.

>Dunlop W10 (had them, liked them, not so long tread life)

Don't know about this one, but I had Dunlop Sp8000, loved them a lot, good
grip in wet and dry.

>Yokahama Parada (never heard much about them)

I heard these are noisy because of the aggressive trends.

>Yokohama A520 (heard good things?)

Loved them, had them in Singapore and have them now. The good thing about
A520 for me is, the grip in the wet. I learnt from German is that you paid
so much for good performance tires, it better perform well in the wet so you
don't have to slow down in the wet!!! ( yeah I know it sound crazy) Well,
the A520 actually delivered the tractions in the wet, better than PZero,
P700Z, and stupid Nittos.

Since we are the subject of tires. I am wandering is there any tire Guru out
on the list? I noticed something about the A520, when the surrounding
temperature is 40 or lower, the tires noisy is loud around 65-70mph.
However, when the temperature hit 70 or above, the tire noise around
65-70mph actually got quieter (real quiet). I suspect it may have something
to do with the compound in the tires. Anybody care to shed some light in
this one?

Adam