Propane injection kit?

mike kojima choaderboy2@yahoo.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 11:27:24 -0600

Water has a much higher latent heat of evaporation
which means that a properly designed water injection
system has the water still exsisting in liquid form
when it enters the engine.

A proper water injection system is a very powerful
tool.  I have gotten gains of 40 hp on pump gas
confirmed by a dyno with water.  It is also the reson
why we have super powerful yet reliable turboed stock
DE's.  A few have made low 400's-high 300's with
totaly stock bottom ends, some for years and many k
miles.

Propane and NOS might work pretty good together.  You
got to balance the equation and find out what stoic is
with NOS and Propane and go a couple of notches
richer.

If you could design a nozzle with a pre-mix chamber,
it would be awsome with perfect distribution.  The NOS
would be the oxidizer and the Propane the fuel.  The
triple point of propane is fairly close to that of NOS
also.

It would not be that hard to engineer.  I would but I
am not that interested for the amount of time I have.

If one of you wants to try, do the calculations first
to figure out what the metering should be, don't do it
monkey style.  A NOS fogger nozzle should work but you
could machine a small aluminum pre mix chamber plenum
out of aluminum with converging gas flows for good
mixing, then have the mix go into a distribution block
with single port nozzles to be really trick.

For tuning you could regulate the propane pressure
with cheap comercialy avalible regulators.

A turbo is still better so I won't be doing this.

Mike
Propane should be quite a