Auto Trans Cooler

Lewis Shadoff lshadoff@brazosport.cc.tx.us
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:37:05 -0600

At 02:08 PM 3/18/02, Brian Jones wrote:
>I think itd be good that I put a cooler on since I will be pulling this
>thing for about 1500 miles.  Any recommendations on to what I could put on and
>Where to get one?

I have used the coolers advertised in the JC Whitney catalog.  The
"Advanced Design - Low Pressure Drop" coolers work very well and are
smaller than the "tube-and-fin" design for the same cooling capacity.

They come 11 inch wide and from 4 inch to 12 inch high models.  The 5-3/4
inch cooler ($47.99) fit in front of the radiator on my '97 200SX.  They
come with all fittings, mounting hardware and oil lines.

Part Number     Height  Cost
81ZZ0897A       4"      $38.99
81ZZ0898R       5-3/4"   42.99
81ZZ0899X       7-1/4"   47.99
81ZZ0900T       12"      67.99

Measure the available space in front of your radiator to see what will
fit.  The cooler mounts directly on the radiator (with small spacers).

I'm now using two 11 x 4 inch coolers mounted in place of the fog lights.

Lew

Lewis Shadoff
Lake Jackson, TX
'97 200SX SE-R, Level 10 Auto, HotShot turbo
http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/