G20 FSM ABS diagnostic procedure?

Stewart, Joe (COX-Atlanta) Joe.Stewart@cox.com
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 14:30:18 -0600

>The ABS light is on in my G20 and I've narrowed it down to most
>likely one of the wheel sensors.

I am having a very similar problem. Couple of things I have found out.

1: There is no light on the G20 ABS ECU (although you already know this by
now).
2: I have been unable to make the computer flash any codes by any pin
grounding or other mojo. Even the procedures described specifically in the FSM
that came with the car.

I had to take mine to the dealer to get the "tool" put on it (consult). A Snap
ON Scanner that does every other feature on the planet with Nissans wouldn't
work for the ABS. Dealer told me it was a couple of relays, replaced relays,
blew them up good, decided it wasn't worth getting more involved.

Just because the light doesn't come on until you move does not mean it's just
a wheel sensor. Mine has the same symptoms but it's not one of those sensors.
Sure the ABS ECU does an electrical continuity check, but it doesn't actually
check the "system" as a whole until the car moves for the first time.

So, long story short, good luck. I had none with mine...

-Jay
93.5 G20
no longer a gross polluter with new cat installed...