Map/Baro Sensor Circuit Trouble Code

WoOf WoOf aznvirus25@hotmail.com
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 03:37:13 -0600

my 97 B14 has been giving me the MIL for quite some time. i scanned the ECU
with a scan tool (didnt have the nissan adapter so i used generic OBD-II)
and it gave me the code 0105 Map/Baro Sensor Circuit Problem, so i checked
my Haynes Manaul and found out that code is not even on the list. i check
the Map Sensor tube that goes from the engine to the sensor by using a smoke
machine and there was no leaks. still need to use a multimeter to check the
actual sensor, but i was wondering if anyone had this problem before. if it
really is the map sensor, could it cause my engine to run lean/rich? since
the code isnt on the list, i figure it has to do something with any of the
air sensors, the MAF in particular. thanks, any feedback would be great.

Deric