*MY* convention writeup

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:00:51 -0600

Brian wrote:

> I must say,  this is getting rather embarrassing.  Can we please
> drop this whole thing? I orginally decided I'd just ignore all this,
> but enough is enough.

I will drop it after I say this... those that know me know that I can be
opionated and on this, I am very opinianated.  I will say what I have to
say and drop *THIS* thread... about the convention I will continue to talk
about.  And about drinking at the convention I will continue to talk about
(it WAS part of the convention)

> I think what some people were getting at is, that they wanted
> a mature report of what happened.  Not the "I'm a high school
> freshman, and this is what I did over the weekend" report.

Did you read *ALL* of what I had to say?

Or did you skim to the parts about the drinking and *ONLY* read those?

Because the majority of the writeup was about what happened elsewhere.  I
talked in great detail about the track event.  Did you read about that?  I
detailed each one of my sessions on the track.  Did you read about how I
harassed Carlos on the track?  No one even yelled at me about how I was
purposely harassing Carlos when it was *JUST* a track event and not
competition.  Instead, the 'devil's advocate' (I like to call them
PAIN IN MY ASS) type people are bitching about drinking

> There's a big difference between saying...

<SNIP>

Correct, but did you actually read what I wrote?  I did write quite
extensively about the convention itself aside from the drinking.  I left a
*LOT* of stuff concerning the drinking and how much people drank and who
got screwed up and *HOW* screwed up they really were and what they did
because they were screwed up.  I left a *LOT* of stuff out specifically
concerning Saturday night.  Trust me, if you were there, you'd know that I
left a *LOT* out.  That said, take a look at the *ENTIRE* writeup.  As a
point of reference, the entire writeup contains 3,282 words total.  Of
those 3,282 words, there are a mere 516 concerning drinking and the
effects.  If you would like, I can send you privately (since this is *IT*
for me arguing abot whether or not it should or should not have been
reported... because tough, it was!) the breakdown so you can see just how
little I really *DID* talk about drinking and the events surrounding the
drinking

> The point is,  you can mention that you had fun partying,  its
> expected.  But there's a way to make it seem like that wasnt
> the focus of the whole trip.

That's correct... and as stated above the *BULK* of the writeup was about
SE-Rs and the events surrounding them.  The *MINORITY* of the writeup was
about drinking and those few of you are blowing it *WAY* out of
proportion.  Two thousand seven hundred sixty-six words were dedicated to
the SE-R.  Five hundred sixteen were dedicated to drinking.  A *MERE*
15.72% of my writeup talked about drinking.

Let's cut the crap and stop worrying about what I wrote.  We drank and I
wrote about it (15% worth).  We also visited the test facility, did a
track event, hung out at the picnic, and generally had a good time (85%
worth).  If you really want to bitch and moan about me writing about
drinking, I'll write a post to the list about how much drinking I did over
the weekend come Monday.  I'm Irish, my birthday is tomorrow, and Sunday
is obviously St. Patrick's.  You want me to tell you Monday how much I
drank?  Didn't think so because NO ONE CARES!

kieran