Radar jamers...phazer 2

JOSH GARY ewraven@hotmail.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:34:03 -0600

"Hi guys...since the det project is nearing completion thought i better look
into this.  Since my car is red and i don't look a day over 21 i think i'm a
prime target for the cops.
Has anyone tried the phazer 2 made by rocky mountain radar?  They are
advertising it like crazy on the radio here in montana.  Thought i would
post a link for everyone to look at anyway.  It's only a 150 bux...not bad"

Here is a few interesting links on Radar/Laser Jammers:
http://forums.caranddriver.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000282&p=

and

http://www.blinder.net/index.html

Personally, I think these things give you a false sense of being
invulnerable.  I don't think I'd trust that Phaser radar/laser jammer.  I
worked on Aircraft Jammers and radar warning receivers in the Air Force.  I
don't really believe in those car mounted radar jammer things.  For one
thing, the company needs an FCC license to make something that transmits an
RF signal.  I haven't ever heard of the FCC licensing a device that is
designed to deceive another device.  If you go to Yahoo and do a search for
"Radar Jammers"; yahoo will bring up a pretty good list of links.  I think
your best bet would be a good radar detector and careful driving.  I did a
lot of searching on the internet on Radar/Laser Jammers last year.  The
www.Blinder.net link was the only one that I could find that is recommended
by other people.  From what I could gather, the radar jammers are not worth
it.