*MY* convention writeup

brian@unxplodedbomb.com brian@unxplodedbomb.com
Thu, 14 Mar 2002 20:03:33 -0600

I must say,  this is getting rather embarrassing.  Can we please
drop this whole thing? I orginally decided I'd just ignore all this,
but enough is enough.

I think what some people were getting at is, that they wanted
a mature report of what happened.  Not the "I'm a high school
freshman, and this is what I did over the weekend" report.

There's a big difference between saying...

"Saturday was a great day.  The track was awesome and so
much fun! We all had a great time.  We decided to go out that
night and did a little too much partying.  Luckily we were able
to wake up the next day..."

and...

"Saturday was a great day.  The track was awesome and so
much fun! We all had a great time.  That night we all got
wasted.  John Doe had 20 beers and Jack and Jill were doing
shots all night.  Peter was getting the funnel shoved down his
throat by Josh... he almost puked,  but didnt and went on to
drink 10 more shots and 20 more Heinekens.  Sunday was
fun too"

The point is,  you can mention that you had fun partying,  its
expected.  But there's a way to make it seem like that wasnt
the focus of the whole trip.

Brian