B15 Spring Rates

Jon Pennington cowboydren@yahoo.com
Wed, 13 Mar 2002 00:20:31 -0600

There's a bit of monkey poo being flung on the B15 message boards
about spring rates.  It seems that nobody knows wtf stock is.  We
*seem* to have established this, though (F/R), by contacting the
manufacturers:

  Eibach Pro Kit springs are 142/129-179
  Eibach Sport Line springs are  142/109-179
  Intrax 60.1.034 springs are 180/264

Another, nameless poster mentioned that somebody at the parts counter
told him that:

  SE-R springs are 130/150
  Spec-V springs are 155/180

These rates seem a little low to me, but I don't know my ass from my
elbow half the time.  The fact that all of the rear rates are higher
than the fronts is consistent with what Kojima and Cadle (or was it
Kawski?  Sorry, gentlemen.) about how the B15 seems to favor high
rates in the rear.  Can anyone confirm or deny the factory rates,
perhaps even stating what the rates are for the other B15 models?

=====
--
-=|JP|=-          Need a good geek?  I'm unemployed!

'01 B15 SE/PP  |   http://www.xanga.com/cowboydren/    |  <//><
'95 SL2 Auto   |       cowboydren @ yahoo . com        |