Thoughts on new SE-R V-Spec

JOSH GARY ewraven@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:36:44 -0600

Hey all. Was just hoping to hear some thoughts

you may have about the new SE-R V-Spec.

Especially from those who have test drove or

own one. I'm looking to buy a new car, and I

can't decide what I want. I know I want either

a WRX, RSX, or SE-R. But there's many things

that make it hard for me to decide, such as

price, options, speed, handling, etc.

Anyways, thanks for any responses.

Take care,

	Brandon C.

I've got 6200 miles on my Spec V so far.  I really really like the car.
It's a lot of fun to drive.  I considered the WRX; but, I think the WRX is
more of a quarter mile car unless your racing it off road.  On a roadcourse
IMO, that all wheel drive system is just dead weight..  I wanted four doors;
so, I didn't even consider the RSX.  I think the Spec V is a really good
bargain right now.  If you test drive a Spec V, you'll most likely buy one.
  The magazines have complained about the gauges and the shifter in the
past.  I still don't know what they are talking about with the gauges being
hard to read.  I've not had any trouble at all seeing the gauges, even in
direct sunlight.  I got used to the shifter after a few days.  I only have
one concern right now though, my car has been using oil since around 3700
miles.  I thought it had stopped burning oil.  But, I just checked it after
a 600 mile trip and it has burned a fourth of a quart of oil since I left.
I'm taking it to the dealer as soon as I get back.  Other than it using oil;
I'm very happy with the car.  I even got 31mpg from Austin to Dallas(200
miles).

Josh