Excessive drinking (was RE: convention)

Kevin J. Hart khart@usit.net
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:24:30 -0600

> >>So is the point of the convention . . .
> You know, I don't post much, but posts like this really piss me off,
> and I've met Ben Davis and think he's a good guy.

Yea Ben is the nicest person around Ive done a lot of stuff with.  He gave
me a free printer and a router when I was up there.  Even offered me more
car parts that I kinda wish I didnt turn down  :) those hypercoils be bout
what I want :).  But I can also see where he is coming from with what he
said.  I didnt make this years convention but last year's jaded me a tad,
even tho I had a blast.

> Read the convention schedule, decide if you wanna do that stuff, and then
> come or don't come.  The convention will be what you make it.
> Don't pass judgement on a convention from 2000 miles away based on a
> few posts.

> >>Ben Davis
> >>non-drinker

> Yeah . . . nobody cares.

Well yea thats basicly it.  And you can have fun being a non drinker too.  I
haven't drank in excess in years and I still had fun last year.  I went
along with a few people to a bar when everyone else was tired or wanted to
drink in the hotel rooms.  I was the DD and still yet I had fun.  While I
hate drunks and how they act, I didn't get all bent out of shape till Lee
started pissing in the streets :) but I did get to beat on his Cherokee if I
wanted.  Or when they decided they needed to puke on the middle of the
highway:).  I normaly hate this stuff but it was fun to be around people.
Being a non-drinker doesnt mean you cant go have fun.  Nor should it mean
you cant be around the fun.  Yea they probaly went overboard for my tastes
this year from the sounds of it, but seems thats what happens when a bunch
of guys get together and its an open atmosphere.  Be it at a convention or
just haning in the local garage.

You can ask Larry about my attitude last year :).  He was the closest to
sober one other than me.  Some people like to drink to have fun, not me.
But im not letting that stop me.  I really wish I could have made it out
there this year.  Im finding out that I am getitng a decent job here soon,
hell I might fly out one time later in the year for a SoCal SERCA
Buttonwillow excursion for the fun of it.  When I went to the 2000
convention and didnt go hang out with everyone drinking or whatever I didnt
have as much fun as I did last year.  I had a blast in dallas but i didnt
feel as i really met anyone or did much other than stand at the track.  Last
year was tha shiznit.  Socializing is what it is all about.  How some do it
is different than others

Kevin
93 classic (Automatic, Stuff)
drives like a granny, and has the morals of one also