Excessive drinking (was RE: convention)

KIERAN A. LAVIN kal8121@oak.njit.edu
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 16:11:47 -0600

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Ben Davis wrote:

> So is the point of the convention to race on a track and meet other SE-R
> folk from around the country?

Yes

> Or is to escape you normal life for a weekend and get wasted with people
> you've never met in person?

Yes.  C'mon Ben, don't be a prick about it.  You were at the last one and
you should know enough that when we all get together, we have a lot of
fun.  Don't judge without having been there.  We drove on the track
Saturday, had dinner Saturday night, met new people (as well as met up
with some old friends), drank, and had a good time.  It did get out of
control and that's why I will not be speaking much of it when I do a
writeup.

> it seems more like a booze-fest than what the SE-R National convention is
> supposed to be. The majority of the comments about the conventions on the

What is the complete *DEFINITION* of what the SE-R National Convention is
supposed to be?

> list seem to be booze-related as well. Maybe it's better that I couldn't
> afford to go this year...

What's wrong with drinking?  We weren't drinking and driving!  Don't be
such a sourpuss because you missed all the fun (non-booze *AND* booze
related).

And what was your reasoning for missing the convention again?

kieran