Engine Control Fuse - HELP!!

Brax Sisco xenex@chpl.net
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 21:43:39 -0600

Ben Davis wrote:
> Betcha $50 you have a POP charger or other intake mod that moved you MAF
> connector an inch or so away from your master cylinder lines. I had the
> exact same thing happen to me when I installed my POP charger and it was due
> to the intake moving around and banging the backside of that connector into
> the master cylinder, eventually wearing through wires and causing a short to
> the MC and blowing the good old 7.5A fuse.

Damn, you're just TOO good...  I hope this don't mean i owe you $50...
:)

Sure enough, the sharp metal edge on the front of the master cylinder
had cut through the wires and was shorting.  I rotated the MAF forward
and stuck a rag in there and drove the crap out of it.  All good.  Since
the wire was already exposed for me :) I tested the ground, which was at
.013  I'll go out tomorrow when I can see and hook up a ground wire and
put on some shrink-wrap.

Thanks a bunch!!

Brax