HELP, NEED OPNIONS AND ADVICE

Ben Davis bendavis@sr20deforum.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 13:34:30 -0600

> That is actualy a pretty good safe setup that the JWT
> ECU only has a slight advantage over due to the CR
> differences.
> I thought you were talking stock ecu.

Even though someone has done it before and has been successful,
I would hesitate to run a DET or T25'ed DE with a stock ECU,
unless I had seen the car firsthand and drove it. Seems a little
ghetto for even myself. :) But knowing me if I had the parts I'd
probably try it. :)

Mike- do you know why some people have idle problems with the DET
ECU? On a DET or T25'ed DE? Some have been perfectly successful,
others have problems with idle. Ben Moses has had a DET ECU laying
around for a while, but has been using a JWT ECU in his DET
equipped 92 SE-R. Due to my prodding he plugged in his DET ECU one
night and tried it out. Idled like crap, but above idle it was
perfect. Is there something that has to be done with the timing
or TPS when noe runs a DET ECU?

Ben Davis
glad we can come to consensus