Sway Bar Stock?

Moore, John jmoore@opentv.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:57:39 -0600

	Actually for autocross use in the SCCA Street Touring S class in my
91 Sentra SE-R, I used to have a problem with lifting the inside front tire
on corner exit when running with an ST rear bar and a Stock Sentra SE-R
front bar. I put on a Stock Sentra SE (not SE-R) front bar after I found
that the Sentra SE Front bar is only .5 mm larger diameter than the SE-R bar
but is also hollow making for a 15% softer front bar. This made the car lean
a bit more (Not much) but also gave me that ability to get on the throttle
much sooner. I would not recommend doing this though unless you have the
ability to dial in at least -2.5 degrees of camber to prevent positive
camber mid-turn and also stiff enough spring rates and lowering to help
control the "sway" and an upper strut bar to help prevent some of the
chassis flex.
	Oh and speaking of an upper strut bar, Ground-Control has finally
made an upper strut bar for the 91-94 SE-R for use with their camber plates.
It fits nicely in the mounting holes on the front of the plates and seems to
give the front end a much more solid feel and a bit better "turn in". It is
not on thier web page but there are 2 of us out there at least who have them
on thier cars.

John Moore
1991 Sentra SE-R

For those who don't already know my car:
91 SE-R in lovely Maaco Red/Cone marks

(http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2001/peru/Sentra.jpg) This a
good picture of the car taken on a day of one of the worst performances of
my life.

Suspension:
	Ground-Control Coil Overs w 350lb front 300 lb rear springs
	KYB AGX Struts
		(Note: I switched to this setup after blowing out another
Shocktek and finding them out of business. Surprisingly, I think the GC/AGX
combo works better than the Shockteks did, at least for autocross.)
	ST rear bar
	Sentra SE Front bar
	GC Upper Front strut bar
	GC camber plates
	-2.75 degrees camber +3 degree caster 1/8" toe-out in front
	-1.5 degrees camber 0 toe in rear

Engine:
	Hotshot header
	Top Speed 2.5" cat-back (i.e. Courtesy)
	Hotshot intake with mods to make it SCCA Street Touring legal
	Battery moved to trunk in Moroso Battery box
	JWT Computer
	....... You know the usual bolt-ons for SCCA Street Touring

Wheels/Tires:
	15X7 Panasport Ultralites
	205/50-15 BFG G-Force T/A KD's

Brakes:
	Stock Discs/Calipers with speed bleeders
	Carbotech SuperSteet F pads (great for Autocross and daily driving)
	Stillen Braided Stainless Brake lines