Dimmers & Aftermarket Radios

MidPerfHQ@aol.com MidPerfHQ@aol.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:46:12 -0600

Most aftermarket radios do NOT like the variable
grounding illumination wires. As far as I know,
only Pioneer *may* be able to take advantage of
the variable dimmer because thier illumination
circuit is isolated from the rest of the display.
With the radio off, you can turn the parking lights
on and the buttons on the radio will light up. When
it comes to wiring illumination circuits to other
radios, I usually just hook up the illumination
(+12V fixed parking light wire) to the orange
illumination input wire (orange on most aftermarket
radios)and call it a day.

Bob
'97 SE-R