SR20DET test pipe

Jay Whitely jwhitely2000@yahoo.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 10:22:19 -0600

> Yes the changeover is much longer at the rear.  It
> only has to go
> above the voltage I think .55v once and below it
> once.  In 10
> minutes for it to be happy.

***So, what is the consensus here? Will a test pipe
cause an MIL or not? I don't think it will b/c my
hollowed out cat *never* did.

Ray, you say the resistor method does not work
correctly and I remember you saying a while back that
even though JWT "disabled" the rear sensor, you still
got an MIL.

I am asking b/c I am debating whether or not to weld a
bung on the test pipe for the sensor. I need to know
soon b/c the test pipe is at the welding shop right
now.

My gut feeling is to use the sensor and see what
happens. If I get an MIL,then I will try the resistor
method.

By the way, I have seen circuits that are claimed to
mimic the activity of an O2 sensor in order to fool
the ECU into thinking it is still there.

What do you think of this idea?

=====
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL