Sway Bar Stock?

Pat Griffith griffser@hotmail.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 07:12:58 -0600

>A lot of you guys have been running a stock front
>sway bar instead of an aftermarket unit.  Can someone
>explain the merits of this on a B14 SER

A few people that I know said with an aftermarket front bar, one wheel would
almost lift under hard cornering thus causing too much wheelspin.  When they
went back to the stock bar, the problem went away.

Lee K. did it in an NX2000, Wade Jackson did it in a 200SX SE-R.

However, Larry MacLeod ran an ST bar on his 200SX SE-R and said it helped
him a lot.  He was autocrossing in a stock class, though, so maybe that one
mod helps when you can't really touch any other suspension components.
<shrug>  Lee K. and Wade have coilovers and whatnot.

Ideally, you could test both bars the same day at an autocross or open-track
event to see what's best for you. :)

>If i do go back to the stock bar, can I use the ES
>bushings that are on the ST unit, or do I have to
>get a new set?

You have to get a new set.  ES bushings for the front bar are only $15 or
so.

Pat
'00 Lightning, ST front sway bar
'91 SE-R, stock front sway bar