Power windows/locks in classic SE-R?

Matt Hunt mhunt@ecin.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 21:58:34 -0600

When I bought my car, the previous owner had installed an AutoMate alarm
and power windows/locks. I have had no problems with it thus far in my
'91. The nice thing is that I can open all the windows with the remote,
as well as the sunroof. When I was behind the door panels I discovered a
simple setup of an electric motor and hard belt/cable thingy wrapped
around the factory crankshaft. The only thing I can't do is pop the
trunk.

I can't say great things about the alarm, except that it works. I would
suggest that if you ever go aftermarket get something integrated.

/Matt