GC Spring rates for drag racing

Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com Scott_Higashi@el.nec.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 10:38:05 -0600

Jay,

>I have driven a 200SX with Motivationals and 300/200
>rates and the car seems a little too soft and bouncy
>for me. I want a firmer, more responsive ride.

>I thought about going with 350/250 to firm up the ride
>a bit, hoping that this will still be suitable drag
>racing and not too harsh for a daily driver.

Well, the Motivational Konis are pretty soft as far as performance shocks
go.  Just by switching to AGXs you'll notice more firmness and response.

I can say that 350/250 will definitely firm up the ride, but it really
shouldn't be that bad for a daily driver.  I run 380/300 on the street on
race Koni struts, and my back is just fine! :^)

I can't comment on if those rates are good for drag racing or not,
though...  They work well for autox is all I know....

-Scott