"No Nascrap" petition.

Joe Stewart jstewart@eCompanyStore.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 08:52:35 -0600

>Have you checked the air schedule?  I haven't, but I bet it's still there.
Moved, perhaps, but alive.

Last year they advertised the crap out of it, this year they have not. That
is a fact.

Interesting tangent, on their homepage http://www.speedvision.com, the words
NASCAR and "Winston Cup" appear 8 times. More than any other word. Even more
times than the word "speed".

Yes, just checked all over the "speedvision" site. There is no mention of
any programs or racing dealing with their Speedvision cup. (Bastards.)

>For now.  NASCAR is a phase, I think, and it'll fade some day, too.

This phase has been going on for about 30 years now.

>> Has anyone else noticed that they are replacing the British
>> commentators with good old boys?

>Would you mind expounding on that?

Every show that had a British announcer has been dubbed over. Good example:
FIA WRC. Some goofy, redneck sounding dude narrates now instead of that good
'ol british chap.

BTW, I do own a Tivo, best damn invention for auto racing there is.

-Jay
DSR6000 (DirecTivo) receiver, 1 18" dish pointing at 119, and one 18" dish
pointing at 110