header install gone bad

Ben H. Baird benjaminbaird@attglobal.net
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 18:12:58 -0600

I need help.  While removing my stock exhaust manifold the lower stud on cyl #4
just broke in the head.  I have new studs already cause I was planning them in
order to avoid this very thing.  Any tips on the best way to remove it?  I was
thinking right handed drill adapter and a stud extractor drill bit combo.  I
knew things were going too good.  Even the cat bolts came off relatively easy.
Oh well this is the price you pay for messing with a 160k mile mostly stock car
I guess.  Any one know the size of the right drill bit and extractor off hand?
don't be shy I know I'm not the first to do this.  Although I did break it while
removing it not while using old studs with the new header.  Any help is much
appreciated.  If there are any SE-R guys in the Reno area feel free to give me a
call on my cell if you can help out.  775-378-4844

TIA,
Ben H Baird
'91 SE-R with busted stud stuck in head